Sunday, January 29, 2012

Has not the time come for us to repent.....


when passing through a mountain-pass, a bedouin once came across an
old man who was blind and who seemed to be afflicted with various
aliments all over his body, it was clear that he was wasting away.
He was even paralyzed and was consequently forced to remain in
a seated position.  The Bedoiun could distinctly hear him say:
''All praise is for Allah, Who has kept me safe from ailments
with which He has tested many among His creation,  and He
has indeed preferred me over many among that He [Azza wa Jalla']
created."

"My brother!"exclaimed the Bedouin. "What have you been saved from?
By Allah, I think that you have been afflicted with every single kind of
ailment!"

"Go away from me," said the old man, as he raised his head. "Do I not
still have a tongue with which  I can pronounce His oneness, and with
which I can remember Him every single moment? And do I not still
have a heart with which I can know Him?" These words of the old
man had a profound effect on the Bedouin.  He immediatetly repented
to Allah [azza wa Jalla] for his sins and asked Allah [Azza wa Jalla]
for forgivness.
So let us ponder oh, my beloved brothers and sisters in Islam.  How 
much have we been given! But how little have we made shukr for in return!!
Rather we go one step ahead in the opposite direction and transgress 
the limits set by Him shamelessly!!
May The Al-Mighty give you and me the thaufeeq ( The ability) to do 
good!  AMEEN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment