بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
i came across this story in the book 'gems and jewels'
A Mother's Advice to Her Daughter prior to Marriage.
My daughter, if advice were to be left off to those of virtue, I would have abstain from advicing you, but good advice is a reminder to the heedless and a helper to the wise. If a woman didn't need a husband because of the richness of her parent and because of their great need for her, then you would never have been the richest of people in that regard; however, women were created for men and men were created for women. My daughter you are indeed leaving this house that you have been raised in, leaving to go to your husband's home to spend the rest of your life. Be a slave to him and he will become your slave, and preserve for him these qualities:
1) Sincerity towards him by always being satisfied with your condition and good obedience to him.
2) Be careful about his eyes and nose: do not let him see you in a bad state and do not let him smell from you any odor except for the most fragrant of odors.
3) Look after the time of his sleep and the time of his meals for the continued state of hunger makes one weak and restless sleep leads to anger.
4) Protect his wealth and look after his family - the key to wealth is good estimation, and the key to the family is good planning.
5) Never disobey his command and never spread his secrets - the former embitters his heart and the latter will make you unsafe from his betrayal.''