Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Neighbor of Hazrath Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb رحمة الله عليه

بِسمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَانِ الرَّحِيمِ


The Neighbor of Hazrath Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb رحمة الله عليه

A neighbor of Hazrath Maulana رحمة الله عليه has posted on a well-known Islamic forum his experiences being the neighbor of this august personality.  He says that he tells his fellow neighbors whilst crying:  "Barakah has permanently left our street.  Who is there to make dua for us now?"  In these are lessons for each one of us and gives us an insight into the life of Hazrath Maulana رحمة الله عليه.


Incident One:

On 1 occasion towards the latter part of May 2005, Esha salaah was around 7 pm.  I returned from Umrah and from the airport I went directly to my mums place to meet all my relatives and have supper.  I was not well so I took leave early at about 9 pm and reach my home at about 9:30 pm.  As my vehicle entered my drive way I noticed that from Hazrath's رحمة الله عليه home the security gate opened and Hazrath رحمة الله عليه came walking out briskly and he was dressed ready for bed.  He immediately embraced me requesting a sinner like me to make dua for him. He asked if I needed anything for breakfast:  Bread, milk, etc.  i informed Hazrath رحمة الله عليه that I would buy everything that I need the next morning.  I requested his leave and thereafter I entered my home and went immediately to relieve myself. Whilst I was doing that, i heard the doorbell ring.  When I finished relieving myself, I enquired from my wife who was that? She informed me that it was Hazrath رحمة الله عليه.  He had brought for us a loaf of bread, a litre of milk and juice each and a tray of eggs.  The next morning I was so exhausted, that I could not even move freely.

There are 2 lessons that I learned from Hazrath رحمة الله عليه:
1. When someone returns from Umrah request there duas as they have returned from a spiritual journey whereby there duas are readily accepted.
2. Hazrath رحمة الله عليه in his wisdom realised that after I had returned from a long journey, it would be difficult to get up and go and buy the necessities the next day.


Incident Two:

On another occasion, I was leaving for India for treatment for my sickness.  I received a call from Hazrath رحمة الله عليه, he requested me first to make dua for him as well as to help him as there was a mother and daughter begging outside his house.  One of his instructions to me was to not offend them and ask them politely to leave.  He had already given each one of them R100 (+/- $14/£10) (i.e. Total: R200/$28/£20) and they wanted more.  The beggars if you had seen them, they did not appear to be in need (ALLAH knows best).  I say that because they appeared reasonably well dressed and well nourished.  I did as Hazrath رحمة الله عليه had requested.

There was a lesson to be learned here as well:
1. Hazrath رحمة الله عليه never turned anyone away empty handed even though they may appear not in need.
2. Hazrath رحمة الله عليه asked me to politely ask these people to leave even though they were causing him thakleef (pain) by asking for more.
3. Hazrath رحمة الله عليه once again requested a sinner like me to make dua on his behalf. He realised that a Musafir's (Traveler's) duas are accepted.


Incident Three:

My wife received several letters from family members to give to Hazrath رحمة الله عليه.  On one occasion, my daughter who was about 8 years old was asked by my wife to hand over a letter to Hazrath رحمة الله عليه.  So whilst she was leaving my son who was about 4 years also insisted he wants to give a letter to Hazrath رحمة الله عليه.  Little did we realise that it was an old scrap of paper that he had scribbled on.  He too handed this scrap of paper to Hazrath رحمة الله عليه.

What can I say I am grieved with tears as I type this out.  Hazrath رحمة الله عليه responded to my son in such a beautiful way.  His response:

"Dear Yusuf

Mashallah. Received your letter written opposite side.  Making dua ALLAH TAALA bless you with long life, good health, ilm and amal.  May he make you coolness of parent’s eyes, a pious hafez and scholar.

Enclosed (R)10.00 gift and chocolate.

Make dua for me too.

(Signed)Yunus Patel
(Dated) 8/11/2010"


Incident Four:

Hazrath رحمة الله عليه's son Muhammed (DB) is my very close friend.  We regularly are in and out of each other’s homes and we frequently in contact with one another.  On another occasion I was leaving to work in Saudi Arabia, so I decided to have a BBQ (referred to as Braai in South Africa).  So I asked Muhammed (DB) which night should we have the braai. He informed me that Friday would be ok as his father رحمة الله عليه would not be at home.  So I asked politely what his father رحمة الله عليه not being at home got to do with us having a braai?  His response left me speechless.

His response:
1. He asked me if I had ever seen a braai take place at his father's رحمة الله عليه house and I said "No"
2. So I asked why? And he said because if he رحمة الله عليه had a braai, then the smell of the meat being braaied with affect the neighbors.  Perhaps some of the neighbors have not had a meat meal for many days or maybe they also may desire it.  He did not want to cause the neighbors takleef (difficulty).


Incident Five:

On another occasion, it was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  I had just returned from somewhere or I was outside my home (I don’t remember exactly).  When I looked at Hazrath رحمة الله عليه yard, he was playing cricket with his grandchildren, Ml. Naeem Motala's 2 sons.  He رحمة الله عليه was fielding whilst one of them was bowling and the other was batting.  The ball was hit out of the yard onto the street.  Hazrath رحمة الله عليه went out of the yard fetched the ball and threw it gently back at the grandchild that was bowling.  He had time to play with his grandchildren as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment