Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sayyidul Istighfar


بِسمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَانِ الرَّحِيمِ


 

The Prophet Muhammad said, “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise.”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari.  Other reports are in An-Nasa'i and At-Tirmidhi]  


Translation:  O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am Your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as i am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, For there is none who may forgive sins but You.
 

1 comment: